Sunday, October 30, 2011

Personal Pesto Pizza with Ricotta, Mushrooms and Walnuts

So tonight I was home by myself and had been thinking about diffent pizza ideas for the past couple days. I've had this pizza dough in my fridge from Trader Joe's for the past week and was hoping to use it up today. Well...that didn't happen because Colin had to go into work a lttle bit early and I got to baking cookies. After he left for work, I was heading out for a walk and saw he forgt his phone...so off I went to drop it off. Long story short, all I could think about on my walk home was the pizza I planned to make for MYSELF. :) Pesto, ricotta, sauteed mushrooms...can it get any better?!

Because I was feeling a bit lazy and also wanted to keep it a bit healthier/lower cal, I used a whole wheat wrap for the crust. It actually turned out delicious! This pizza would also be wonderful on any dough and the dough I have in the fridge is a garlic herb flavor, so I plan to recreate this on that soon!



Personal Pesto Pizza with Ricotta, Mushrooma and Walnuts 
1 Whole wheat wrap
1 Tbs Basil Pesto, or more to your taste ( I used store bought)
6-8 Crimini mushrooms
Salt
Pepper
Red Pepper flakes(if desired)
1 tsp butter Cooking spray ( I used the olive oil kind)
2 tsp chopped Walnuts
1/4 C Ricotta
1/4 shreadded Mozzarella
Grated or shaved Parmasean

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice mushooms and spray a skillet with cooking spray, adding butter to melt over med heat. Add mushrooms and saute, sprinkling with a dash of salt, pepper and red pepper flakes as they saute until browned, about 5 mins. Remove mushrooms from pan and set aside. Add walnuts to same pan and toast for just a couple of mins till fragrant. Remove from pan. Place wrap in same pan and lightly brown on each side, 1-2mis per side. Place wrap on cookie sheet and brush with pesto. Evenly spread mushrooms over pesto and then place 1/2-1tsp dollops of ricotta all over the pizza. Sprinkle mozzarella and parmasean over toppings, finsishing with walnuts on top. Bake about 5-7 mins watching closely so the crust doesn't burn. Slice and enjoy!

Tip: You can vary the amounts to your taste to make a larger pizza. One of my favorite quick pizza crusts is frozen Naan bread from Trader Joes. We usually do two for the two of us and that way we can make two differnt types of pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment