Monday, October 31, 2011

Market Find Turned Jewelry Project

Yesterday on my walk to take Colin his phone, I walked through the Fremont Sunday Market.  If you're not from Seattle, Fremont is one it's many neighborhoods.  It is unique and eclectic.  Known for many things from the it's name "Center of the Universe" to the Summer Solstice Parade (google it :)) AND of course the Sunday Market.  I didn't have my camera...not totally used to this blogging thing yet...but next time I visit I will post a few pictures.

It's a farmer's market/ flea market/ craft fair/ food fair of sorts.  You can pick up fresh produce, a hand made piece of jewelry or purse, eat at one of the many food stands and check many, many booths for second hand treasures.  Not a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon if you ask me!

As I was browsing, I came upon a  booth with goody bags filled with old pieces of jewelry, sort of a surprise grab bag.  I found one that I thought had some fun pieces, the whole bag for $15.  I guess I was inspired, because it seemed like a fun venture, so I bought it on the spot!


I love jewelry!  I come from a family of jewelers...my grandfather, two brothers and even my Mom, so I guess it's in my blood. :)  Many of the jewelry pieces that are popular today are either copies if vintage pieces, or true vintage pieces re purposed.  That is what I thought of when I glanced through this bag filled with cute little bird and butterfly broaches.  I think it would be fun to turn these pieces into necklaces or use a few as charms for a bracelet.
This is an Anne Klein version sold for $95....I hope to recreate something like it for much less.




And here are the pieces I got that I think I'll be able to use.  Some of the bag just had junk, but fun to search through none the less!




The little red bird and feather are some of my favorite pieces.  Making them into necklaces shouldn't be too difficult, I may need some help with the charm bracelet idea though.  



I also like the anchor....


and the gold leaves....




actually each piece has some sort of potential!

I'll have to keep you posted as to how I end up using these pieces, but just thought I'd share because the idea of a project excites me!  Maybe even a good Christmas gift....hmmm?  Hope you are inspired too!

Have a Happy Halloween!  



PS.  Can't seem to fix the font...not sure why. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment